CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

5 kg Challenge

This morning, I opened my 6-door wardrobe. 


I was screening for clothes that would make me feel less bulky and to my surprise, I counted 35 pieces which I could not fit into, zip up, or pull up anymore. These were just hung up pieces, and I haven't event scanned my "dress" section or folded section. I sank into depression. This was no joke.


I know I complain a lot about being fat. But I really miss being scrawny. 
This was when I was 46 kgs.. I miss feelings my bones and not "flab"-overs. I miss fussing about not being able to fit into XS because they were, well, too big for me. 

I wore size 24 jeans, I didn't have to worry which angle made my face look poofy and I had no problem wearing loose clothes, because no one was going to suspect that I was trying to hide a bulge because I had no bulge! I didn't agonize over my flabby arms or if my pants were so tight they were killing my nether regions. 



I was happy and no matter what people told me about how skinny and sickly I looked, I was happy and healthier and more toned. For once, all I needed to do was to pick clothes out of the hanger to wear each morning. And not the whole "wear-prance in front of mirror-side view-front view" and decide if I was looking too fat to wear that today.

Now I am only 5 kgs heavier, and I look like a wobbling jello. This is me now.


5 times a week, no excuses, 1 hour run and a sensible nutritional diet. Gotta go get a new swimming suit. Old one just wont fit without my boobs popping out.

I'm not asking for much. Just to lose 1-2kgs per month and maintaining it. It sounds easy but 5 kgs is almost 10 percent of my body weight. Losing that amount of percentage is going to be a feat. Furthermore, you might be surprised how hard it is when you reach your late twenties and metabolism gives you a kick in your groin.

0 comments: