CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Monday, July 5, 2010

My Superman...

You know you've found the right man, when you look at him and envision your whole life together. You don't think about the lusty part, only the "together forever after" part. I know it sounds corny, and for some people a recipe for disaster. But you'll simply know it when you meet him.

The very first time I met "him", I felt a familiar warmth, the warmth of knowing that this total stranger, is least likely to be the type to judge me. Every touch made me tingle, from a simple nudging back to the sidewalk to keep me safe from oncoming traffic, to the brushing of shoulders when we walked on tight spaced pavements. I remember the ridiculously happy and nervous feeling I had, when we were going out on dinner dates. I remember the first time I felt butterflies in my stomach when we kissed, even though it wasn't either of our first kiss.

"He" turned out to be the person I was intoxicated with, even though he was hundreds of thousands miles away for years. I didn't know him well, but I longed to know him better. I pushed away everyone that came my way, because they weren't "him". It was silly, senseless, dangerously delusional, but I knew that if i didn't take a chance on "him", I would regret it for life.

So here we are, almost 5 years and counting on. Through ups and downs, through squabbles and giggles. Is he the perfect romantic? No.. Is he the outgoing party-goer? Double no.. But he is everything and more than what I envisioned my soul mate to be. Better still, we have a love story that will put the mother of all love stories to shame!

He is the man who doesn't laugh at me when I drool on his bed. He is the man who embraces my fat and thin days, and is still proud of me. He is the one who; watches me talk with my mouth full, burp after a meal, pull a wedgie out of my crack, cry over sappy movies, scratch my itchy legs, endure my tragic shopping habits, pick up after me, and yet is able to look at me lovingly and make me feel like a million bucks. He is never revolted by anything I do, whether consciously, or unconsciously.  He is my pillar if I fall, and mind you, he never lets me fall.

While I know that I am far from the catch he truly deserves, he chose me and have loved me unconditionally every single day.

He is my "Superman".He is Bernard.. and I am his obnoxious Lois Lane (minus the fabulous body). And I love him in ways that words alone cannot justify..

Yes yes.. I'm in the sappy mood... =)

3 comments:

Nirak said...

Wah lau super emo you! im soo happy for you! xoxo

Charlo Fay said...

Hahaha... Bad day at work, and all I could think bout was getting into the car with him, and commiserate our woes together.

SO yeah, I thought, i guess being superwoman doesn't always mean being alone without a man to stand by kan?

Professional2youraid said...

awwwwwwww!!!