CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Thomas Cup hopes flushed down the toilet...

So I'm watching Thomas Cup right now. I just watched two games being wrapped up and given willingly to our Chinese opponents. Through my groans and shouts and cursing and spit flying left right center towards the TV screen, I wonder, if I really had any right to comment, considering i can't even hit a shuttle right over the net. But it doesn't stop me from wondering, how could a country, whose national sport is Badminton, play horrendously for 18 consecutive years since our win in the 1992 Thomas Cup?

While we do have one excellent player, the rest, are less than so-so. A country who breathes and feeds on badminton for decades now, can only produce ONE talent? Really... It's a shame...We should never pick up a badminton racquet again.

What is it really? The fact that we do not have good coaches? Or Malaysian players do not train enough? Or is there a need to re-evaluate our training methods? Because whatever it is, it is definitely not the genes... I'm not assuming that Malaysians carry the super gene for badminton particularly. I'm saying that with our smaller asian frame, fast paced stamina challenging games like badminton and squash should be our forte.

Personally, I think it's all about the rigging of players. Where true talent is not appreciated or searched for. Playing for our country comes with a price. A price of who you know and who your father is and where you are borne. In Malaysia, for anything at all for that matter, talent is never searched for, it is always ALWAYS recommended.

Remember the Malaysian Football Dream Team which started out as a reality show where anonymous talents were put together and coached to form a football team? While they lost to the national team by one goal, the national team was on their heels the entire time. This only showed and proved that if a team which was put together in two weeks with lesser than 1 month's fitness training could make the national team sweat, the players of the National team did NOT deserve to even be part of the team.

I don't Malaysians are generally sports retards. I figured it's just the retards that are being chosen to represent our country.. Why can't anything be black and white in this blinking country?

Sigh...

0 comments: