CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Boo Boo



Two days ago, Bernard and I spotted a dog running around the neighborhood. He has a collar so we assumed, he had one of those families who allowed him to run free. Still one thing bugged me, he was skin and bones. I wondered when his last meal was.


Around lunchtime, i drove past the area again, scanning the alleys and streets for him. No sign, good news i thought. He has gone home. And then at night, i went to get a drink to cool down my very very hot self, and lo and behold, "Skinny" was roaming around the area. Immediate instinct, get out of the car and touch the dog. When i approached him, he was all perky and jumpy but the moment i touched his licence plate hanging over his collar, he growled, as if "try remove it if you dare". But despite the fact of being a stranger to this dog's temperament, i knew one thing, he must be really hungry. I walked into a shop. Bought a HUGE piece of chicken and loads of rice. While i was mixing it with my bare hands, the softer side of him came out, He started whimpering and urging me to mis his food faster. He couldn't have finished the food any faster, In a blink, he wolfed down everything and even attempted in chewing up the newspaper i had set his food on.. (haha)

So yesterday, i was sent on a wild goose chase by MBPJ trying to obtain the address for the dog license. After half a day of being put on hold, transferring my calls to various departments, alot of voice raising and frustration, I finally got hold of the address the dog's license was registered under. Right after work, Bernard and me went hunting for the house. Found the owner and went to hunt for "Skinny" to bring him home.

It took us a good half and hour and ALOT of chicken to coax him into the car. We finally hauled him into the car and took him home. His owner was happy to see him, but apparently not so for 'Skinny'. While his owner dragged him back home, his tail was in between his legs and the thankful look i was looking for, was instead replaced by a beseeching look in his eyes. Had i done the wrong thing?

I have to admit i was rather disappointed with the reunion. While the owner dragged Skinny back to the house, I found out that he had only been missing for 4 days. His state of being malnourished, seemed to have stemmed from a longer period of time.

I found myself feeling more guilty than happy. Maybe Skinny ran away because of hunger or being mistreated. Maybe I brought him back to hell. Beats me.

I may have made a boo boo. And I hope to God that if i was wrong to decide that home was the best place for him, that he will make an escape again. If i ever see him on the streets again, I'l know better than to send him home...

I'm sorry Skinny.

0 comments: