CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Hell Ride back home....

It's been more than a year since i took the bus back to JB my hometown. Truthfully, i can't recall when was the last i was stuck in stinky Puduraya, lugging my bags, banging into people who are in my way, and cursing and swearing over the fumes that make me want to hurl.


This time, i decided to take the bus home. Before i went to buy tickets, i felt this familiar twist in my guts, of just walking into the devil's crypt to buy my tickets. A bigger contraction kept pounding at the bottom of my guts thinking of spending 5 hours, if I'm lucky on a bus back to JB.

To my surprise, when i reached Puduraya, the entire area was quiet and traffic was at a NON-standstill. Surprise surprise.. And i was even more surprised when i saw the stripped down almost demolished building of Puduraya. Panic hit me as i knew i had to get back to jb somehow, where to buy the tickets, i was at a complete lost. I made a few phone calls and realised that i had to go all the way to Bukit Jalil to get my tickets as that was the new bus stop.

Being the typical stubborn person that I am, I decided to take my chances at another bus station at Duta. Managed to get my tickets, did a jiggle and went home to wait for my bus the next day.

Next day......

SO, was bus was scheduled for 4pm, but little that i knew, my bus was travelling from Penang and making a Pit stop at Duta to pick me up. It finally arrived at 4.30, it finally moved at 5.00pm and it made another pit stop at Bukit Jalil, where i innitially had to take a bus from. Defeats the purpose of going to Duta in the first place. We then stopped at Seremban, Yong Peng, Machap and some God forsaken town to pick up some passengers and drop off some others.

Long story short, my bus ride to JB took me 7 hours 6 minutes. Throughout the journey, I had to pretend to sleep to avoid glances from the "men" surrounding me, and make sure I clutch tight to my bags in case any riff raffs decides to rob me. By the time I arrived, I was too late to treat my dad for his Birthday dinner, I was tired and sleepy, and i spent the entire night resenting the 7 hours i wasted due to my stupidity and effort of being conscientious ...

Last bus ride i'll ever take, Ironically, the bus was called Super Nice... No Shit Sherlock!

0 comments: