CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fussy Pot? certainly not!

I don't eat lamb. Nor do I eat mutton. I don't eat veal, venison, rabbits, foie gras. Only up till recently, did i decide to try my palette at pork and beef, although I'd still choose chicken over it any day anytime.

Well I'm not a spoilt brat nor am I a fussy pot. I am just an ounce more of a sentimental fool compared to many other people. Did i mention that I have a photographically vivid imagination as well? I like to know how my food looked like and felt like before it ended up being picked on by my fork. I'd like to know if it was bred for my consumption, or was it running free and living a life of an emperor before it was terminated.

I also refrain from eating animals I call cute or have childhood relations with. Goats per say, my mom's friend used to have a pet goat, which is primarily the reason why I've never ever tasted mutton or lamb in my life..


While many might say that I am an oddball or rather, a chauvinistic pharisee, the only defense that i have is that, i don't need to eat all that to survive. I have been doing good eating whatever i do, and I am not missing out on life just because i refuse to consume certain living beings just to send my palette on some gastronomical adventure.

Adventure can come in many other forms, it doesn't just have to begin and end with food...