CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Never.. New word for me...

There is one thing that I definitely am, rebellious.... Has been, and always will be..


Today has been slightly disappointing. While i was looking forward to a happy yay day-since i am hardly back home, it was spoiled by the very topic of, when am I finally going to tie the knot.

Truthfully, i have never thought of it as something that i would plan for. Anyone who knows me, i dare say, knows I am a sucker for unexpected surprises. I have always been rebellious as a kid. I remember my conversations with my mom during my teenage years consisting of the familiar "you are ruining my life!" yells followed by an intuitive duck of my face behind my hands in case a rounding slap came my way. I knew those 5 words irritated the shit out of my mom, and whether or not there was a context in the argument or possibility of her actually ruining my life, I just liked ending my fights with that sentence, simply because I knew it got her temples twitching uncontrollably.

These days, The same way goes for people who ask me when am I tying the knot. Seriously, what age are they living in, primitive souls... People don't plan these days. They either get knocked up, or get pleasantly surprised by a proposal. So these days, my teenage rebellious streak has crept up on me once again. I find that, the easiest way of warding these extremely overly concerned "kepohs" when they "pop" the rehearsed question, is by saying "NEVER". I find some victory in the disgruntled look on their faces when i repeat myself over and over again with the word "never" when they try to pry further as to why i would say that I don't ever want to get married. In a way, I'm reliving the sardonic satisfaction of pissing my mother off.

But if any of you kepohs are reading this post, this is the final time you'll hear me say this.

"Yes i do want to get married one day. Yes I want to have kids. Yes I want a family. Yes I think it would be cool to be someone's wife and a mother one day. No we're not married yet not because we're having problems. No I do not have second thoughts about him. Yes, he is the one."

But should you repeat that "when are you getting married?" question again any time in the future, my answer will be a defiant "NEVER" just to piss the shit out of you just the way you piss the shit out of me every time you ask me the mind numbing repetitive good for nothing question..

Comprendo??

2 comments:

Professional2youraid said...

eh ...i asked you the question la!!!

Charlo Fay said...

Haha... Not you lah.. :)