CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ray of Hope..Weeps in Joy..Drama

Mom: Hmm, Haven't you been eating? Still smoking is it?


ME: Huh? why would you say so

Mom: You look sickly since i saw you last Chinese New year. You sure you're not on drugs?

ME: snickers and broad broad smile... :D

See, my mom has always had an issue with my weight in a funny way. I was a huge kid, so when i lost all that weight ( 17 kgs), being a typical hokkien chinese mom, she immediately jumped to conclusions, it had to be drugs. Not that i am blowing my own trumpet, but thats one road i never traveled or peeked into. Yes i've been a stupid teen before. Yes i've binged drink, still smoke, experimented the happy leaf before, but thats as far as i have gone and will go. Too many friends, too many rotting lives, just one too many, hence my strong stand in saying no to recreational drugs.

But in odd twisted way, my mom's suspicion of me being on drugs kinds of sends me on a high. Yea yea, perhaps I like the attention, but most importantly, it means i am still thin. When i came back during Christmas last year, for the first time in 4 years, my mum didn't ask me if i was on drugs. I was offended. Chinese New Year? Nadah! Even more offended..

My mom thought i was fat enough to not be on drugs.. blast!

So today when my mom carefully jabbed around about my weight, you can imagine the joy. Yes! I did look a wee bit thinner then after all!

Sorry mom, but you're the only one who can give me a clear indicator of how much i actually weigh.. Thank you for thinking i am back on the wagon. You certainly made my day! I'm sorry you are back to worrying now...

Huhuhuhu.. 5 more kgs to go..

0 comments: