CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Young Ones

These days, I seem to be obsessing about growing older. Maybe it's the part where I'm on a tangent that is leaning closer to 30 than 20, and that time seems to be flying at an exponential rate, or so I feel it that way.

It sometimes feel as if my life is halfway through, I mean who knows how long I'll really live up to with my lifestyle and stress levels. But mostly, it's the young ones whom I have cradled in my arms not too long ago who have turned out to be fine young adults which puts me on the map of being "the older one".

Here's my tribute to the young farts who I love and probably will never have the courage to say it to their faces. I still want to be the cool aunt/cousin. Having an emo moment with them about how proud I am of them is going to spoil my uber cool image.


Kristin Anne


The first baby I've ever carried in my life. I remember when I was 10, my aunt who was a nurse smuggled me into the maternity ward so that I could see my newborn cousin. Born 2 days after Christmas, it was like Christmas extended itself that year. She was said to have had my eyes and my facial features. Now she's going off to college soon and is turning 18 years old this year. time passes!!!




Vicky Rose
The very first time I met Vicky was during a funeral, my first uncle to have ever passed on. Thought Vicky lived in London, her mom never failed to send us pictures of her. She was always the doll in our family. Soft spoken, incredibly adorable and a smile that could melt anyone's hearts even at the age of 3. Vicky's 15 now and a fine young lady!


Fukuda Yujin 
Yujin was my very first nephew of my favorite cousin who I babysat. At 12 years old, I was given the responsibility of weekend babysitting while his parents made get aways to spend more time together. We bonded, and I absolutely loved him even when he threw tantrums of doing breakdancing on the shopping mall's floor. He is now 17 years old, a teenager, and I can no longer carry him as he might be thrice my size..


Su Yen

Su Yen will be graduating soon as an accountant. She used to tag around me when she was younger and I used to baby sit her and play barbie with her. I watched her go to kindi, watched her move on to primary school, and the next thing I knew, she was taller than I was. Now, she's independent, strong, and bears a strong resemblance of my mom! both character and looks, her father says.


Just so you know, I'm proud that each and every one of you...

Emo.. *sniff sniff*

0 comments: