CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Motherly Love...

I watched the crying screaming salivating toddler with antipathy. And I wonder if I could ever be a loving mom. But the answer is already there isn't it?

No I am not married, or pregnant or having a baby anytime soon. But I know all about motherhood and how to be a nurturing caring mom. I have had "furkids" for the past 10 years, nurturing them back to health, making sure they get the best I can give them, and moulding their character into the talk of the town.

If you think about it, puppies and babies aren't that far apart. They're both helpless and cry out for attention alot. They both need cuddling, and potty training and great care. They both need endless sleepless nights of bottle feeding. Besides the fact that a dog grows out of its tantrums earlier than a human child, and you don't really have to save a college funds, they're really not much different. Just more fur and a kid who never talks back.

Over the weekend, B* and I buried yet another one of our kids. Lassie was 9 years old, a beautiful German Shepherd who gave us many beautiful puppies. She was fierce in spirit and in nature, but a loving dotting mother who always put up with her "kids" antics. She died of complications of heartworm and a massive spleen tumor. Even in her last moments, she was still strong and comforting to the ones she was leaving behind.

So yes I think I will be a great doting mom. I already am. I don't have to have a human "child" to learn to be a great mom. We humans, could do with learning more from animals when it comes to motherly instincts. After all, among all beings, we're the only ones who needs a manual on how to not kill your own baby. :P

0 comments: