CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Contempt - A Dangerous word in Love


Familiarity breeds contempt, so we hear about it all the time...

Personally, I find the word "contempt" complex and impalpable. Ask me what I think lies behind the definition of the word "contempt", and my answer will be philosophies. It's way beyond my comprehension, too many extensions of definitions and just too thorny to waste my time deciphering. 

But I do know about contempt and love. I do know that contempt, is an dangerous thing to exist between couples. I do know that when contempt exists, it has way passed the stage of misunderstandings and resentment to a point of no return. And it's up to you to choose if you are going to walk away, or choose to be contemptuous towards the one you supposedly love for the rest of your days. 

Let's face it, as a woman, you will never get over the fact that your partner is not interested in frolicking with you in bed for months especially if you are living together. We women will never ever say it and mean it when we say it is okay if he forgets anniversaries or birthdays. Yes Valentines Day is over-rated, but a nice cozy snuggle on the couch watching your favorite black and white movie would be perfect. We will never get over the fact, that he "doesn't want to talk about your feelings" everytime you fight.  Women can't be frank about their feelings, only because men can't accept it when they are. So we worm ourselves around the topic, hope that a change of tone in our voice or the sudden plunge of enthusiasm would make them realise. I genuinely think that it's not that women are indecisive creatures. Perhaps we are complex and PMS-sy and sometimes feel sad/offended even when we say it is okay or "let's forget about it", but isn't that only sign that we are attempting to compromise, even if we don't do it very well or graciously? Men have no problem is indentifying these traits in women worldwide, and talk about it for decades. And yet they have a problem with compromising everytime some "predictable" women trantrum is thrown.. Sigh..

Men cheat when they are smothered with too much of love, women do it out of scorn and contempt..I remembered a friend crying to me and his other buddies over his cheating girlfriend. While he was pouring his sorrows over how much he loved her and the things he did for her, I could only think about how he deserved it, considering the times he's never let her express herself. I think My point is clear...

If you reach a point where you think that special someone doesn't deserve you, you are probably right. The fact that you think that way, means that the dent has turned into a black hole. Even if he reverts back into his sweet self, contempt is one of those things that cannot be reversed..

Don't tempt a woman's scorn.. It's the worst kind of fire you can possibly play with..

0 comments: