CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Year 2008


I never want to jinx myself. Or at least i try to be optimistic that when misendeavours happen, there'll be a silver lining somewhere after that. However, year 2008 has really put my endurance towards all types of pain to a test.. Here it goes...


At the beginning of year 2008, i landed in a job i absolutely hated, there luck turned around and here i am, in a job which i love to bits and pieces, but could never find enough sleep to compensate for the beauty of it all. 

Then, my puppy died after being infected with Parvo virus. Which left my parents sad and broken. My mum was then admitted to the hospital for a bad case of dengue, which she almost lost her life to. 

Recently, i was granted a scholarship to do my masters in Human Rights in Korea which i had no choice but to reject, due to my mum's health conditions and my commitments towards the housing loan which i had just undertaken. My poodle fell sick, which was later diagnosed with a degenerative disorder which had no cure to. My dad then fell sick and was admitted to the hospital for a growth which is now in the process of being tested to be malignant or benign. Then Christmas came, and yesterday, on CHirstmas day, my entire family spent the whole day zooming in and out of clinics, because my mum had suspected dengue fever, AGAIN! Since my mum refused to be admitted on Chirstmas day, we are still running to and fro from hospitals to check her blood and platlet count. I have fallen sick 5 times this year, and i suspect once more before the year ends due the the fatigue i've been experiencing these past few days. 

There is 5 more days before the year ends. God forbid that this year might be any more worse than it already was and i am still waiting to see that silver lining. Nobody likes to usher in the new year with a cloud hanging over their head. 

Sigh... fatigue.. depression... anxiety......Where is my silver lining?????????????????

4 comments:

.::moon::baby::. said...

i dunno what ill do if u had taken up that scholar. id rather die:(

Charlo Fay said...

you would have beemed in joy till ur jaws feel sick because you would have been so darn proud of me! not to mention i;d also have extra money to fly u down to korea whenever i felt bored cz i would have been on a FULL scholarship!!!!!!!!!!

.:little::elfs:. said...

k, i rephrase that.... id die after i come home from my free trip to Korea:) Hha, dun worry, there are betta opportunities that will come knocking on your door.

Charlo Fay said...

Haha.. well, wasn't really the location. It was the whole " i deserved that scholarship" thing. Korea or Afghan. :)

Yeah, sure hope in the next few years opportunities will come knocking a little more often than bad luck has.