CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

A battered woman's words : Because He Loves Me

Inspired by someone i hold dear to my heart....


When he feels upset,
For adorning myself with silk and pearls,
That others may lust for my beauty,
I know he loves me...

When jealousy gets the better of him,
for having companions of the opposite sex,
It's because he loves me...

When he wants all my time,
And none of mine to my close ones,
It's because he loves me....

When he kisses me,
And want to do it till third base,
It because he loves me.....

When he grabs my hands till it hurts,
Because i anger him,
It's only because he loves me....

When he checks my messages,
And monitors my every move,
It's because he cares for me

When he makes love to me,
And doesn't use the rubber,
It's because he wants me.....

When he doesn't call or pick up the phone,
And makes me small for wanting him to do so,
It's because he loves me....

When the test strip turns blue,
And he tells me "we're not ready"
That "this" little one has to go,
It's because he loves me....

When he doesn't have a job,
And share my earnings,
Because we're one,
And he loves me....

When he cuts me off from my friends and family,
And tell me he's the only one i need,
I know he loves me....

When the strip turns blue again,
And we say "i do"
It's because he loves me...

When he shoves me around,
And kick me when he's drunk,
I know he still loves me....

When the baby is crying,
And he sleeps while i change and feed,
I know he's tired all the time,
And i know he still loves me...

When he comes home at wee hours,
Refusing me an explanation,
He says i don't trust him enough,
Even though he loves me....

When he shouts at me in public,
Or in front of my loved ones,
I know i was at fault,
And that he loves me...

When he hits me,
and count down till he does it again,
I know i was stubborn and rude,
I hope he still loves me....

When he slaps me,
Disciplines me like a pet,
He's teaching me to be a better person,
Because he loves me...

When he tells me i'm a horrible wife,
And a failed mother,
And is stupid and of no use,
He is trying to guide me to the right path,
Because he loves me....

When he disagrees of my faith,
And tells me i tricked him into wedding vows,
And my mother has not taught me enough manners,
I hope he still loves me...

When he says my father's a bum,
And my mother's a whore,
I must have did something wrong,
i atone and hope,
he still loves me...

When he hits me with more than his hands,
And uses pain as a punishment,
I know he's only doing that,
because he loves me...

When he apologizes,
For all the battering and bruises,
And points out i started it in the first place,
And that it will never happen again,
I'm happy,
Because he truly loves me...

When the battering and bruises come back,
I think of his promises
There is hope,
And believe that pain is worthwhile,
Because he is the only one who loves me...

0 comments: