CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Just My Take.... No Offense

Since many years ago, I've seen this "phenomenon" and it never really jocked my thoughts up till this very day.

Many of my non-muslim friends fast along during the Ramadhan month. Some do it out of respect, some do it out of obligations, some do it out of the spirit of awaiting the festive season, some do it out of support, some do it as opportunity to diet, some do it to detoxify their bodies, and some do it, in a pharasies' fashion

My point is, if you want ot fast (whatever your reason is), then do it without expecting credit. Or expecting the whole world to treat you special. Do it without a grudge, or without being moody, or without trying to justify all the damn time WHY you are fasting.

Talk about your experience its fine, but if you want to lament then don't do it..

And i apologize if it's offensive in any way...It's just my opinion...

2 comments:

Ophelia said...

Its annoying how many Muslim people in Malaysia become so irritable and moody during the month of Ramadhan. I know so many Muslim people who observe the month of Ramadhan and as soon as as it ends, they start binge drinking and engaging in premarital sex.

I respect people who are truly sincere in observing the month of Ramadhan. To the fakers, boo! you're so not cool!

Charlo Fay said...

yes!
Everyone is dysfunctional here during ramadhan..
It WILL snow in malaysia if the government departments do pick up your calls for any enquiries...