CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Finally! and again... my "first" sucked...


Finally! All the documentation and roller coaster in getting my new house is done! I'm just waiting for the excess money to be cashed in now. So that my parents and i can start the minor renovations asap!

It's so much of trouble when you buy a property of any sort. I have not heard of ONE single person i know of who's had a transaction smooth sailing. There's always complications... Always...

I wonder whether it is the surge of expectations that causes the distress. Getting something new is always exciting. I mean, Good Lord, i go gaga over clothes that i purchase at least once every month! What more when buying your first property! Like every "firsts" in life, there's always ridiculous expectations and we're often let down...

This is the journey of me getting my house...

I grew up and still live in a low-cost 2-bedroom house. Though it's not that shabby, I always wanted my parents to have that garden to plant all their crap! ( i do not fancy gardening, though i do love beautiful gardens) =) And a bigger house where we can have a guest room.

Finally, an opportunity came despite my barely enough salary. My aunt's house was up for sale, a house which had land, was within my budget, and a house full of memories ( i grew up there because my aunt babysat me when i was young)

My aunt decided to sell it to me at a price below market value. I knocked on bank doors like a beggar and finally! HSBC decided to give me a loan, way above what i asked for.

Then the real trouble came.. And i used to wonder why people often say its best not to do business with family. My aunt's daughter wanted to raise the price because i got a higher loan. Ridiculous and i refused. Then she decided to fire her lawyer because her lawyer was not in favor of her actions and advised her against her attempt to cheat me. Then the bank reduced my loan amount because the entire transaction took way too long. My cousin, knowing i just started work, wanted a 10% deposit! Which she expected me to rob, beg, steal, as long as i gave it to her.. And a series of many others unpleasantries......

So finally! Last week everything was settled. And my parents collected the keys on monday. But truthfully, it was more of a relieve the whole drama was finally over and that after the transaction, i would want nothing to do with that FOUL cousin of mine! The sad part is, i was relieved, not happy, ecstatic or overwhelmed i finally secured my first property, a landed property! I was robbed of my enthusiasm and again, for many times in my life, my "First" was tainted with disdain and resentment....

All i can hope is that the renovation process will perk me up again! It is exciting to furnish a house, though i won't be staying there, because it's in Johor Bahru. But my parents house will always be home to me in a way or another and it sure feels good to own my very own house..

Sighh.. Que sara sara

1 comments:

Ophelia said...

congratulations on your first property!