CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The start of a beauty regime.....

Yesterday, during lunchtime, i sneaked out of office quietly and walked to the nearest mall. Well, it wasn't very near anyways, but it was THE nearest.. I had quietly snuck out with an aim. An aim to buy anti-aging products. Sigh... yes yes, wrinkles had found me....

A few years ago, when i would go out with my friends for a beer or two, i'd always be asked for identification. No no, it's not because they suspect i might be muslim, since i do look like a malay, but mainly because, they could not decide if i was underaged or not.

As much of a hassle it was, having to pull out my identification card everytime i walk into Chili's for a margarita, i kind of miss those days. Two years ago, people still mistook me for a teenager. I was 23 and they thought i was 18. How sweet.... Now, people guess my age! People actually think i look 23-24 and some even hit the jackpot by guesing 25! :(

Always having thought that my skin is in good condition. I realised fine lines the pessimists call crow's feet under my eyes last month!!!!! I've minimised make-up all my life, used reputable products so they don't spoil my skin and scrub my face once every 2 week for that healthy glow!

Alas....these were all not enough! My laziness of toning and moisturizing my face on a daily basis has taken a toll on my youth....And it's just the lifestyle i lead, the smoke, the sun, the lack of sleep, lack of exercise. I finally look my age and it's not the best feeling ever....

I used to wonder why women were so obsessed with youth! I thought then that i'll be happy to age gracefully, relish the transition of being a girl-lady-woman. Now that my time is here, now i understand why botox is that popular!

Succumbing to all the anti-aging and prevent-aging advertisements i've been bombarded with, And having the sales-lady at the SK II counter point out my triple eyebags with alarm and my uneven patchy skin tone, i decided to purchase my first SK II miracle water to try and see if it'd really work miracles with my skin....It hurt my wallet.. But if it'd help my skin, i don't mind it.....

We'll just have to wait and see.......

0 comments: