CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Monday, February 22, 2010

recipes on the way!!!

For the past few days, i've been bugging every old aunty, uncle and stranger i meet to find out if they had any idea how to make a god sugee cake. Frankly speaking, i hated that cake which i had so frequently as a child. It was grainy, buttery and so not cool without the frills n swirls of cream and fruits. But as i grow older, and ate out more often, expensive restaurants and new palletes seem to intrigue me lesser, and what i crave for most is the food i grew up eating and not appreciating when i was younger.

I regret not helping out in the kitchen while i was younger. My mum being 65 this year, has a limited memory of how some of her famous dishes were made. These days, i find myself scavenging online, looking for recipes that will help me relive the nyonya and eurasian tradition i grew up in. Cooking and trying to modify it according to the tastes i remember.

It starts with one person at a time, so i decided that from now onwards, i will be posting recipes of famous nyonya and eurasian cooking that my mom used to make.. :)

3 comments:

Stephanie Arasu said...

OMG my sis and i got the recipe for eurasian sugee cake last week too from all our eurasian aunties. it didnt seem like it was anything to shout about 20 yrs ago.. but it's definitely yummmm

Charlo Fay said...

By the way, i can't believe i missed meeting up with you AGAIN in JB, Damn the holidays lah... it just makes me busier than ever,, like ever!! Hey my sugee cake turned out yummy! So surprised for a first time baker! Hah!

Stephanie Arasu said...

I know.. circumstantial lah. Glad the cake turned out well. Chat soon and good luck with the job! Hope it comes through!!! :) :)