CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Monday, March 2, 2009

2nd day in Bangkok

So this is the second day i'm here in Bangkok, well to be precise, i'm at Nong Chok, 45 minutes away from Bangkok city. There is Air conditioning ( not that it is a problem whether there was or not ), clean water but cold ( a wee bit of a problem ), good thai food and a great place to learn new things that i can proudly bring back to share with my Organization. 


My only complains, which might seem mundane, is that i have a roomie that has body odor. See, i shouldn't be complaining about stuff like this, but in an Air conditioned room, which an additional fan which circulates, every 3 seconds, a get a wharf of armpit odor. And it antagonizes me, makes me sick to my stomach, and gives me a migraine. I smell it even when she is not in the room, and i understand it is not my place to comment on this. But if it affects me, the way cigarette smoke affects a person, how am i not to woe about it? I am not being judgemental, a smell is a smell. What can i do if i hate it????? In this case, i shut up. because she is a very nice woman and perhaps it is not her fault that she wasn't introduced to deodorant. Sigh..

Since yesterday, i have been having gravy and rice for all meals. Since i am observing my normal Lent abstinence tradition of being vegetarian, i am not complaining. The gravy is good and rice never tasted so tasty. But today, the organisers realised what i've been putting on my plate so they decided to get the kitchen to whip up more vegetables without any meat for me.. That was an extremely sweet gesture. So guess what, i scoop a big portion of veges onto my plate and as i was heartily eating while picking out the spring onions and leeks that was in the vege ( which i just don't like), guess what i found????? A mother fucking big caterpillar which was now orangy since it was laden in some chili gravy. I immediately had to stop the food from revolting out of my stomach and push the rest of my food onto the caterpillar so that i wouldn't look rude for complaining. Talk about experiencing thai food ay?

So well, regarding my day's worth of class. It was extremely exciting. We've all been assigned to which area we'll be going for exposure visit and i have chosen the Maesot area ( border of thai-burma). Well, i did ask the readers opinion, but i guess it's been a busy monday so no one responded to it. So, this will be an extremely exciting trip for me. I have no idea what to expect, perhaps more sufferings and sadness, but like i mentioned, it's an exposure visit and what better way to learn more about the work i am doing. I am really excited to leave for this trip. 

Well.. till then.. that's update for day 2! Keep you posted soon!

0 comments: