CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My love of my life


Yesterday night, as i was about to go to bed and surrender myself to slumber, i got a phone call. Somehow, i groaned when i heard my phone ring across the room. I forced myself out of bed, and picked up the call just in time before it went off. 

KAthy, my housemate was on the other side of the line. As she read aloud the letter we just received from our condominium's management office, my heart fell. What i was dreading for the past 2 years happened. It was an eviction order for my dog, piggy. Apparently, my next door neighbour had complaint that i was keeping a dog. I always knew she was a difficult lady. She would slip; notes under our doors telling us to throw the bag of rubbish we left at the lft door, only refusing to believe that, the bag of rubbish wasn't thrown by us. 

When i first moved in, she knocked on my door and complained that the music was too loud, when there was no music being played in our house. Sometimes she would leave notes under my door saying a cockroached crawled from my house to hers, simply because she found a cockroach in her house. One day she confronted Kathy and said we've been ashing our ciggies in her house. GROANNNNNN. Her balcony was symmetrically next door to mine. Unless we were able to defy gravity, there was no way any ash from our apartment could have flew and neatly landed into hers. Not to mention, we don't smoke in the balcony and we do own  an ashtray!

So when she complained about Piggy, i remembered asking her is Piggy barked too much or smelled (but piggy didn't do either, only if there was strangers at her door or mine, then she'd bark as an alarm). And she simply said, "you shouldn't keep a dog in your house, no other reason" BITCH!

So recently, she complained to the management office. Having a new apartment manager who was trying to prove herself too much, her complaints were treated in a serious manner. And now, i have to get rid of piggy. Over my dead body!

I've said this many times before. Piggy is not just a dog. She's not just a pet. She is a part of my family. And i don't know what i'd do without her. And now i have to give her up, which is unfair. If pets are prohibited in condominiums, then why restrict it to dogs only, why not the thousands of cats we have roaming the corridors and being kept as pets. Cats in fact carry 9 infectious disease. Piggy is smaller in size compared to a persian cat. Why can't i keep her.

I resent everything about the laws in our country. The double standardness extends its arms to every fucking aspect of our lives. It doesn't spare us one bit. Even IF i had a landed property, i can't keep more than 2 dogs. WTF! WHy just dogs?????

In any other muslim country in the world, i see people keeping dogs and have no prejudice towards them. Muslims are not alowed to touch a wet dog when they are dry, yet many of other middle eastern people i know off do keep dogs and still are able to keep those rules without any hassle! 

Sometimes when i take piggy for a walk by her leash downstairs, i encounter screaming muslim girls because piggy is about 20 feet away from them. For the love of God! Seriously????????

I've decided to send piggy back to my mum in  JB. Everyone tells me she will be happier to have two monsterous-sized dogs to play with her and a lawn to run around in. I don't know. I mean, how do they know, piggy can't talk. We all don't know.

All i know is i am going to miss piggy. And my heart's going to break not being able to see her everyday. She's not JUST a dog, she's my baby. 

I am going to miss her snuggling up on my pillow, waking me up everytime the morning alarm rings, her little antics of stealing food and lovingly perching on me and licking my face everytime she wants to show her love. I am not ready. I will never be....

Piggy i love you. 

0 comments: