CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Muhibbah

Yesterday, the whole gang who went toPerhentian ( minus josil who's in Italy, Reena and Eric-who had too much to drink the previous night) did a i'm-hungry-feed-me hari raya lunch at Arness's house. It was a simple get-together session where Arness's family showed us first class hospitality by feeding us till our buttons or kerongsangs could pop!

We had tons of goodies on the table to munch on while eagerly waiting for the food. Laksa johor was the main course. And of course the ketupats and lemangs with awesome undeniable the best beef and chicken rendang i've ever had. The results- sleepy and satisfied like a python after its meal. 

It's been a couple of years for me since i've been to an open house for Hari Raya. Maybe because i hardly have many muslim friends, or Many friends to begin with.

And this was good. I enjoyed myself indulging in guilty pleasures of stuffing myself and compromising my waistline.

I guess despite everything that is going on in our country, it's nice to see that when the ministers accuse certain people in the public for causing racial tension, they are just trying to put the blame of their ineffectiveness as leaders on the civilian' backs. Technically, there is nothing wrong with the muhibbah situation in our country, what is wrong is the political system.

So, Selamat Hari Raya to all muslim dan muslimats

0 comments: