CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Doesn't Take a Dime to be Polite...

Someone of authority told me recently, that I failed at what i did because I was unable to command authority and respect. When I asked what I should have done differently, the answer was, "to insist and command those below you to do what you need them to, by hook or crook".Something in that sentence didn't seem quite right, or moral. Yet that's the way the world is today. U kick, push, blame, crush, annihilate those of competition, to get what you want. Granted I may be living in the wrong age and time, but I still believe that genuine politeness, gets you to everywhere rudeness doesn't get you to.

I was watching Oprah recently and she had a whole episode dedicated to addressing rude people. If there's anything that ticks me off and makes me act like a crazy bitch, it is when people are unnecessarily rude. I stand by the principles that if i don't treat you like shit, you sure as hell have no right to treat me like shit. If I have to decency to be polite, then you damn well be polite if you choose to converse with me.

Maybe I am no leader by any means. But if being polite and understanding makes me less of a leader, then I am at utmost peace with myself.

0 comments: