CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Effing Lemons..

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.. What is you're sick of lemonade? What if you wanted to have grapes instead in the sweet valleys, or the sun sweet cherries of california.. So is this how we console ourselves when our plans unfold into something we never expected it to?

I'm 27. When I was 17, there were tonnes of stuff i swore to do by 21. Then when I was 21, I swore i'd accomplish certain things by 25. When I hit 25, needless to say i started believing that 27 was my year to sit back and bask in my worldly possesions and accomplishments.. Now that I am 27, I can't help but think, what if Life throws me lemons for another 10 more years the way it has for the past 10 years...

I sat down yesterday making a reality checklist.. The more i wrote and recollected, the more depressed I became. I'm not ungrateful and incapable of counting my blessings. But I am tired of lemons!

SO here are a few lemons that have come my way...

Travelling the world by 25
Needless to say, I haven't even travelled the region itself. Paris, Prague, Cape town, Kenya, New York, Budapest, I will try my very best to visit you by the time I'm 30!

Having a 10k saving per year.
From this, you can see I ain't much of a saver. So 10k a year seems reasonable. I've been working for 4 years, and besides my insurance and dilapidated house, I have no assets or savings to declare for a rainy day. So maybe 10k by the time i'm 29?

Own my own car!
Yes, I'm one of those women who uses my boyfriend's car. And doesn't offer to fill petrol for it. Well, I can't even afford the extra 200 bucks a month to fill petrol, I sure as hell cannot afford paying for car installments.

Get my masters
Who am I kidding, with my degree grades, I am far from getting a scholarship. Since I have no money stashed away also, I can kiss my Masters goodbye.

Pursue Piano
The one joy of my adolescence, was playing the piano. I was good at it, great in fact but I never pursued my diploma or teaching grade. I can't help but think that maybe if i did, I wouldn't be broke now. So before I get arthiritis, by 30, I will pick up piano again!

Get married
Who am I kidding, unless i'm a skank who expects my boyfriend to foot the entire wedding bill, I will not be walking down any aisle any time soon with the nil savings I have.

So here's my resolution, my last resolution. If i cannot find the means to make money by the end of next year, i will give up my passion, and live a life millions others are content living...

Effing Lemons..

0 comments: