CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Monday, October 25, 2010

The City Snob

I still can't grasp the concept of individualism. The concept of how you can't really live another person's life, and how everything and everyone around you is fragments of your world. You can't feel what they are feeling and you certainly can't walk in their shoes (not literally at least). The same way how empathy is just a concept which cannot be truly proven. Simply because, it is not humanly possible to truly feel, touch, smell, and understand how it is like to be another person. You can only go as far as attempting to comprehend and visualize.

As i stopped by to get my morning coffee today, a woman walking in my opposite direction towards me with tears streaming down her face. For a moment, i wanted to turn back and stop this lady to ask her if she needed someone to talk to, or offer to buy her a cup of coffee. Then again, i realized how weird i would look, randomly offering some kindness to a complete stranger. People don't do that in the city. You could be mistaken as a weirdo, or even worse, a con-artist who is scamming to prey on teary women.

So i didn't stop the lady, and walked on to get my coffee. Until now, i cannot get the thought of my mind, of how i had become another one of the walking-snobs-in-the-city who found minding-my-own-business a polite thing to do.

When did i become a city snob? Beats me....

0 comments: