CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Tradition Setters..

Growing up, i always prided myself for coming from such a diverse heritage. My heritage is as complicated as it can get, and I myself suspect there are still some hidden roots of my heritage which even I do not know off. Tradition is an important part of my heritage. Since my mom is Baba Nyonya and my dad's Eurasian, there's a ton of tradition which i have learnt and carried on into my daily life.


As an adult now, i try to infuse those traditions in my daily life. From food to practises to clothes, i realized so much has been lost from one generation to another. And here i am, frantically searching for the traditions that were not passed down to my generation.

But i realized also that creating your own traditions are just as important. You do want to have something to pass down to the next generation. Whether it is something you and your friends do as a ritual, to practices that you want your kids to adopt in the future..

So what tradition have i set? For starters, Kathy and me put up the christmas tree without fail every year to some carols and wine.. And this year, we started Christmas Ornament Making where we get to have some fun and spend some quality time. For every party we have, Ayam Pongteh is the signature dish and for Special occasions, we have the Deviled Curry.

Life is too boring without traditions to uphold. If you can't find them in your roots, create them...

0 comments: