CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rock On!

So last week, me and my mates indulged ourselves with the celebration of Arthur's Day. I had an awesome time, tho my arms, legs, and throat was hurting like no man's business the following morning.


Prior to that "awesome" feeling, i must say it was quite an ordeal. With a confirmed amount of 15,000 pre-sale tickets, as expected, it was packed everywhere, from the roads to the carpark to the mall. Lucky for us, we left a tad bit early, so what we experience wasn't all the bad.

The second ordeal was the dressing up part. See kathy and me have previously gone to events at Sunway Theme Park, and during then, we went through the same pickle as we did this time. Goes to show that we never did learn our lessons. While i wore a nice sequined shift dress to pay tribute to one of the greatest man alive, i had to wear something other than slippers!! So i decided to adorn my super killer heels in a pit which i knew was going to be covered with sand...Oh boy.. Yes, one might call me silly.. I prefer to call myself a complete imbecile!

Sunway is a mighty huge place, Sunway Pyramid itself of course. Which is probably one of the many reasons why i would never choose to go this particular mall for shopping. Its crowded, badly planned routes and lacking of signboards. For example, In order to go to the surf beach or Sunway Hotel if you parked at Pyramid, we had to go through "ONE" particular elevator in Sunway Pyramid, and there was no signage anywhere which pointed us in the correct direction. So after a ton of asking around, walking in circles and stopping to buy bandages for my feet, we finally found the exit.

When we got into the gates of the concert, my feet and toes were already ready to bleed me to death. Then again, else to i have to blame but myself? Serves me right for being a bird brain. So i took off my shoes and trotted around the sand, squeezing my way through the massive crowd and hidding behind bernard to make sure some other girl with stilletoes do not murder my toes...

We managed to get hold of a space which was decent distance from the stage. For the first 2 hours, I almost regretted going for the concert. I was hot and sweaty and the Malaysian acts made me sick to my gut.

The problem with Malaysian artists is not that they can't sing or rap or perform as well as international acts. Its more of a problem that they perform for themselves and not the crowd. Malaysian artists are very self-absorbed. They do what they like, and not what people might like to hear. For two fregging hours, i heard rap on stage with the same monotonous beat and rhythm. I nearly died. Granted i am not a rap fan so i might not have been able to appreciate it, but my point is, you don't even know when is the transition from one song to another because they seem to have to same bloody tune. When i looked up, the artists were clearly into it and pouring their heart and soul to the rap. I'm sure if i could make out the words they were saying, it might have improved my mood. But instead what i saw was a "syiok sendiri" performance. No regards for the crowd. Thank God Malaysians are quite civilized and we did not boo them off the stage. It was really hard to endure, especially since "WE" the NON-VIP TICKET PAYING CROWD, were not allowed to numb ourselves with alcohol simply because there was no damn alcohol served on Arthur Guinness's day.. How stupid...

When the Black Eye Peas came on stage, thats when the party started.. It was exhilarating, pumping, wild and awesome!! I jumped and screamed like a teenager. It was worth it after all. Truly an experience and BEP, they rock!


0 comments: