CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

WTF...Don't waste food?

I am annoyed. Because today someone told me i shouldn't waste my food when i left half of my nasi ayam. And when i went on FB, i saw some videos of children starving in africa and the message was don't waste food.

I WASTE MY FOOD. And no it doesn't make me less sensitive towards the starving children all over the world. Do you know why? Because when i tell people to serve me lesser rice, they ignore me anyways. When i tell people i'm full, they still force me to eat.

My point is my dear people... By sending out messages to people to ask them to stop wasting food, it doesn't make you noble or more humane. Because you are still not providing food to the hungry by You not wasting you damn food. You are not going out there to evangelize and do something bout hunger and poverty. You are not stopping monster companies from exploiting the poor nations by paying them pennies for the work they do. You do not make the hunger go away.

When you buy less food, there's simply more food in store and we do not go into a food crisis. When you waste your food, it goes into the bin, not into the stomach of the starved. So what's the difference. Whether you eat more, or lesser, or whether you eat left over food, or throw them into the bin, you're only saving your own health and pockets... It has NOTHING to do with helping those who are strickened with poverty or who are starving..

It is purely to ease your own conscience. So if you think about it that way.. You're pretty darn hypocritical and selfish aren't you? If you say that by wasting food, you are wasting God's daily blessings unto you, that i agree. But if you're saying that by not wasting food, you're indirectly helping the world combat starvation. You are grossly mistaken or unmistakable in denial.

Want to do something? Volunteer, give them food, money, help them plant their crops, Don't preach and forward useless mails and think you've done your work.

Helping others is not about you! Think about it, and please, rebut my opinion if you feel like it. All comments are welcomed.

2 comments:

Ophelia said...

It's difficult to please everybody, Charlene. You eat little and they say you're on diet, then they give you more. You can't finish and they say you're not thinking about people who are dying of starvation.

Charlo Fay said...

Yeah... i know, people are so judgemental these days... Drive me up the wall... I hate retarded comments esp regarding food!