CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Standing Ovation for the Final Goodbye


My only recollection of Heath Ledger was in "10 Things I Hate About You". He took my breath away with his pretty boy looks, charming cheeky smile, those curly dirty blond hair, and his accent. He was a "Drool" package.

Yesterday i watched The Dark Knight on the big screen. Well, main reason i wanted to watch it was not because i was a fan of Batman. I wanted to watch Heath Ledger in his final performance before his passing. And the verdict? Heath Ledger stole Batman's thunder...

Having a slight fever due to a vaccination jab i took earlier before the movie, i was edgy and freezing in the cinema while waiting for the movie. But it was worth it, it was a good movie and the "joker" kept me at the edge of my seat for that 2 and half hours.

I believe that this IS Heath Ledger's best performance ever! And ironically, his last... But what made me sad was, i sat in to watch the credits roll, as many others.. and no recognition was mentioned however, in respect of the deceased world's best played "Joker". Heath's psychotic suaveness had been swapped for tormented and reckless. And apparently unacquainted with the concept of moisturiser and shampoo. And yet... no recognition

When Brandon Lee played that Dumb movie "The Crow" and died while doing it, he was given recognition. But because Heath Ledger died of drug overdose, no praise, no mention, no glorification.

Sigh... The role of the "Joker" was said to be Jack Nicholson's most iconic role, but Heath Ledger took that prestige away from him.

R.I.P to the best played villain in the world

3 comments:

Ophelia said...

I am yet to hear complains about this movie. Everybody I spoke to said this movie is just sooooo good. I can't wait for my house mate to come back so I could watch it with her!

Charlo Fay said...

oooo.. you have to.. It was awesome. I really enjoyed it. It'l be a while before another comic action packed movie can live up to its name. Just make sure you watch it at the cinema.. :)

Missy said...

I've seen the Dark Knight more than once.
I hope Heath gets a Oscar nomination.