CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Who's Been Eating Off My Plate!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Smell the Air at Masjid Jamek!








My journey to work is always almost never pleasant.

It starts with me walking to the bus stop, getting into an overcrowded bus, then waiting in line for at least 15 minutes to get squashed in an overcrowded lrt ( where i get queasy from the mixture of perfumes + body odor + lack of oxygen + bad breath ). When i reach Masjid Jamek, I battle frantically to get out of the train where people normally stand like statues even if they are obviously in your way.

Once i get out of the claustrophobic train and the claustrophobic underground lrt station, one may think that fresh air welcomes me after these ordeals. But if you've been around Masjid jamek, you'll understand that pollution and filth fills the air. I walk to office everyday from the lrt station. it takes me 7 minutes but i feel as though it is the longest 14 minutes of my everyday ( to and fro combined). Besides avoiding crazy drivers who appear as if they want to ram all the pedestrians down, i have to constantly clutch unto my bag to make sure that my belongings are safe. My biggest ordeal is constantly surveying the ground while i walk to work in case i step into a nest of cockroaches or have them conveniently run over my sleeve and into my pants ( biggest irrational fear) I'm bumped into things so many times because I'm more concerned of what I'm stepping (or going to run over my feet) on rather than what's ahead of me.

Well, luckily i love my job, so the torturous journey is compensated by my next 8 hours of fulfilment! Well, i wish that instead of DBKL painting over a whole 500 meters stretch of wall grafitti which is such a beautiful sight to behold in the Sg Gombak Drain which the lrt overlooks when you pass by Pasar Seni, and planting flowers along roads which wither off every 3 months and need to be replanted, You would think that they would actually have the sense to spend some tax money on pest control in the city's hub..

Well, thats too much to ask for isn't it? It's almost mentally challenging now... Just a thought....

Rainbows from Fay...



There's millions of cockroaches everywhere! (i hate cockroaches) i started doing a head count this week. Everyday i avoid approximately 23 (maximum) live cockroaches and 15 dead roaches. i've slipped and fell 3 times in the last 3 months.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

We cannot avoid it girl coz without it we cant go anyway. pathetic huh? sigh...